The best part about setting up an eCommerce store with WordPress is that it’s now easier than ever. There are plenty of options available for everything you need to set up your online store. Find a suitable eCommerce platform and you’re good to start!
Ecommerce started to grow strongly in the last 5 years and it’s in a continuous ascent, as now powers 45.4% percentage of the entire web. Since 2012, an increasing number of people buy things online and, today, there are around $1,92 trillion in e-commerce sales worldwide.
Why Choose WordPress for E-commerce?
WordPress gives you plenty of options when it comes to eCommerce store set up, with the options like WooCommerce and BigCommerce it is the right time to plunge into an eCommerce industry as it tends to keep growing in years to come. With WordPress E-commerce it is easier to add eCommerce functionality to a site, from product display to shopping cart and checkout.
The one more top reasons to go with WordPress is its flexibility that offers complete control over what the website does and how it appears online. Besides adding your products, blog, forum, and many other pages can be easily added.
Lets’s Start with the Step by Step Process of Setting up an eCommerce Store with WordPress:
1. Sign up for Web Hosting
Web hosting supports the services to allow organizations and businesses to post a website or web page onto the Internet.
Some of the top website hosting providers are:
- Bluehost (2.75$/mo)
- HostGator Cloud (2.99$/mo)
- Hostinger ($0.80/mo)
- SiteGround ($3.95/mo)
- GoDaddy ($3.66/mo)
2. Choose a Hosting Plan & a Niche
The quality of hosting service has a huge impact on the site’s content consumption, user experience, and search rankings. A low-quality hosting service can collapse any minute taking your website and your niche marketing business down with it.
3. Pick a Domain Name Carefully
- Keep it short but includes your keyword
- Easy to write and speak
- Avoid numbers and hyphens
- Targeting your niche
- Make it secure with (SSL)
- Step 1: Install the Plugin
- Step 2: Access the Setup Wizard
- Step 3: Choose Your Payment Processors
- Step 4: Configure Your Shipping Options
- Step 5: Review of Optional Add-Ons
- Step 6: Complete the Setup Process
5. Log in and Publish your Products
- Use the Product Tab in your WordPress Admin center to add your products