IPTV refers to the Internet Protocol Television that uses the Internet to deliver TV programs and videos internet, live or on-demand. IPTV brings entertainment on your fingertips. This means that entertainment content can now be broadcasted and received by anyone with an Internet connection. This gives rise to greater competition and lower prices. More importantly, it allows for a greater user experience, empowering you to watch what you want and when you want on your preferable device.
IPTV give advantage to the users to watch TV programs at their preferable time. But, it doesn’t live TV shows that are being aired currently.
- TV programs – Live television
- Movies and recordings
- Near Video on Demand
- Various interactive services
Devices used for IPTV
Smart TVs are limited to processing power, slow navigation, and customization options, for the most part, it is good to disqualify SmartTVs as a streaming device.
Most noteworthy, SmartTVs do not stream out of the box and need additional configuration.
Mobile Phones and Tablets
With ample processing power for streaming these devices are very intuitive to use, thanks to their touch screens. However, here you are limited to on-demand video streaming and selection of live television channels.
If you already have these devices for streaming, using a screen mirroring device can be a big advantage for you. Screen mirroring devices allow you to send your mobile device’s screen contents to your television wirelessly to enjoy the big picture experience.
There are three different types of streaming boxes: “Generic Android boxes”, “IPTV set-top “boxes” and video on demand “Android TV boxes”. User interfaces that are focused on streaming, vast entertainment content, user-friendliness, plug-n-play ease of use, and superior performance are common in all three types of set-top boxes. So, set-top boxes are the better option in comparison to the previously smart TVs, tablets, and mobile devices.
Setting up these boxes is not complicated at all, just connect TV via HDMI and plug in the power.
IPTV Benefits to the Admin
Advertisements: Companies can make individual IPTV networks using customized apps to generate income through advertisements. Also, it is possible to monetize the video content if necessary.
Pay-per-view content: The pre-recorded content is stored in the customized IPTV application, and view to them is chargeable through using the pay-per-view concept. It is a way to earn money from a corporate event.
Charge for the streaming content: Companies can use the IPTV solution to offer access to any premium content after taking a nominal charge.
Benefits to users:
- Users can select the content they want to watch, whenever they want to watch it.
- There is a wide range of available channels to choose from.
- Besides regular or smart TVs, IPTV is accessible on a variety of devices like laptops, computers, smartphones, and tablets.
- Consumers have access not only to TV programs, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and even radio programs.
- It has a user-friendly interface, making it easier to search and select the content one wants to watch.
- Media can be watched before it is fully downloaded.
- Each IPTV user can entertain themselves no matter their location, as long as one has an available internet connection.
- Users only pay for the channels they choose to have or have an option to pay a monthly subscription fee.
- The content is always ready and available for you to request and watch at your convenience.
- IPTV uses an available or existing computer network there is no need for cables or antennas
- As one chooses a TV show or movie to watch, the user might receive recommendations of content that are similar to one of their choices.